In order for students to receive a general Communication Minor with no emphasis, students must complete 21 units in Communication course work at Vanguard University that is:
- Offered by the Communication Department and taught by a faculty member within the Communication Department.
- At least 10 of the 21 required units must be upper division courses (300/400 level).
- COMM-201C Speech Comp/Presentation does not count towards the minor.
- No more than 4 units in Forensics and Newspaper allowed towards minor.
- Students must achieve a minimum grade of C in all Communication courses.